Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Why should I use outsourcing services for warehousing, distribution, and/or fulfillment?
- What management expertise does Ferber Warehousing have?
- What technology does Ferber Warehousing utilize?
- Does Ferber Warehousing have the ability to receive product for same or next day delivery?
- What are Ferber Warehousing rates?
- Does Ferber Warehousing provide secured storage for high value items?
- How does Ferber Warehousing insure data security?
- Does Ferber Warehousing provide promotion, product, and trade services? And what is included in each type of service?
- Does Ferber Warehousing provide kitting services?
- Does Ferber Warehousing offer services for returns processing or reverse logistics?
- Does Ferber Warehousing have print-on-demand capabilities?
- Does Ferber Warehousing have labeling capabilities?
- What are Ferber Warehousing daily shipping hours?
- What types of shipments can Ferber Warehousing receive/ship?
- How many orders per day can Ferber Warehousing process?
Why should I use outsourcing services for warehousing, distribution, and/or fulfillment?
Outsourcing has many benefits including:
- Frees up valuable production space.
- It allows you to concentrate on your core discipline (product development, marketing, sales, etc.)
- It reduces capital expenses (building, fixtures, equipment).
- It allows you to only pay for the space and services used, thus in a cyclical economy, cash flow is easier to track and maintain.
- It takes care of your shipping regulations. You no longer need to constantly track changes in regulatory and industry mandated guidelines (barcode label compliance issues, EDI requirements, interstate commerce regulations).
What management expertise does Ferber Warehousing have?
Ferber Warehousing has a complete supply chain management system for the benefit of its clients. Products are tracked from supplier (client or manufacturer) to recipient (retailer or consumer). Ferber Warehousing utilizes EDI (Electronic Data Interchange), FTP (File Transfer Protocol) as well as all major file sharing disciplines for the trading of various documents used in the course of providing services. Ferber Warehousing has contracts with a wide variety of carriers, and with our scale, volume, and technology we are able to offer some of the lowest rates in the industry.
What technology does Ferber Warehousing utilize?
The following technologies are utilized:
- Barcode and radio frequency hand held guns
- Forward picking modules
- Real-time shipping and multi-carrier manifest systems
- Power take-away conveyors
Ferber Warehousing is continuously developing and enhancing new technologies to improve the accuracy and efficiency of receiving, quality control, order and inventory management, cycle counting and shipping processes.
Does Ferber Warehousing have the ability to receive product for same or next day delivery?
Yes, Ferber Warehousing has a very quick turnaround time. All orders received by 2 p.m. will ship out by 5 p.m. (All times are based on the eastern standard time zone). These orders are shipped by carriers offering same day or next day delivery.
What are Ferber Warehousing rates?
Storage rates are based on square footage, and start at the low cost call for pricing Pallet based storage call for pricing; standard pallets inbound or outbound call for pricing. In order to offer you the best services possible, Ferber Warehousing will need to discuss with you the services you require before a cost can be determined.
Distribution and fulfillment order quotes are based on size, complexity and volume of orders.
Does Ferber Warehousing provide secured storage for high value items?
Yes, Ferber Warehousing provides secured storage at its facility. We use physical caged areas and partitioned alarm systems to prevent unauthorized entry into any area.
We use on-site closed circuit monitoring for the entire facility. Motion sensors detect any unusual movement during non-operating hours. Our facility’s security systems are monitored by an offsite 24-hour service. The building is fully sprinkled and adjacent to a 3-bay fire station.
How does Ferber Warehousing insure data security?
Ferber Warehousing has a multi-layered security system that meets strict audit requirements for all its services. We utilize encrypted communication security as well as internal client security. We protect data internally as well as bi-directional electronic communication.
Does Ferber Warehousing provide promotion, product, and trade services? And what is included in each type of service?
Yes, Ferber Warehousing provides all three types of services.
- Promotion services include premiums, rebates, refunds, samples, and sweepstakes programs.
- Product services include catalog, e-commerce, and gift certificate offerings.
- Trade services include material management for POS (Point of Sale) material and other business-to-business transactions.
Does Ferber Warehousing provide kitting services?
Yes, Ferber Warehousing provides quick, accurate, low cost kitting services.
Does Ferber Warehousing offer services for returns processing or reverse logistics?
Yes, Ferber Warehousing offers a comprehensive returns processing and reverse logistics program for tangibles. Warranty service and a tracking system will record the quantity of services rendered in four categories:
- Credit given
- Returned As Is
All repair and replaced goods are then shipped through the system by the assigned carriers to the consignee upon the completion of the service. A complete warranty history system is maintained and this information is attached to the inventory system for comprehensive review of item performance.
Does Ferber Warehousing have print-on-demand services?
Yes, Ferber Warehousing offers print-on-demand. In addition, Ferber Warehousing will provide labeling, inserting, and mailing services for both consumer and professional business documents. We can personalize letters with orders.
Does Ferber Warehousing have labeling capabilities?
Yes, Ferber Warehousing offers retail barcode labeling and AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group) compliant shipping labels as part of our services. We provide EDI and retail labeling for both consumer and professional business shipments.
What are Ferber Warehousing daily shipping hours?
Ferber Warehousing has open dock hours Monday thru Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. However, extended hours if required, are available with advanced notice.
What types of shipments can Ferber Warehousing receive/ship?
Ferber Warehousing has 17 loading docks including a double-wide dock, four grade level doors, capable of handling up to 15,000 pounds per hi-lo move from the following truck types:
- Containers – 20 – 40 ft.
- 53 foot trucks
- Cubed van
- LTL deliveries
- Side loaders
How many orders per day can Ferber Warehousing process?
Ferber Warehousing’s 500,000 square foot facility can process thousands of orders daily with any combination of volume. Ferber Warehousing welcomes small volumes as well as meeting the needs of clients shipping in excess of 20,000 daily orders.
Please contact Dianne Heath, at (248) 650-2870 for further details.